CSA Worker Shares
**Please note, due to high retention in our worker shares program we are only recruiting for Pizza Worker Shares at this time.**
A worker share trades labor for a CSA share. We have three types of worker share positions:
Full Season Worker Shares trade 5 hours per week through the growing season (starting the week of May 22nd and continuing through the week of October 16th) for a standard CSA share. Full season worker shares choose either a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday shift. All shifts run from 7 AM to 12 PM.
Summer Worker Shares trade 15 hours per week for only 7 weeks in the height of the season (starting June 20th and finishing on August 4th) for a standard CSA share. Summer worker shares come on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7 AM to 12 PM each day.
Pizza Worker Shares work 9 hours per week for 12 weeks (starting July 5th or 6th and finishing on September 21). There are two shift possibilities for pizza work:
- Full day - Thursdays from 1pm-10pm
- Prep shift - Wednesdays from 1pm-5pm (at FEED Kitchens), Thursdays from 3:30pm-8:30pm
What to expect:
- Particular tasks will change over the season but will include planting, weeding, mulching, trellising and harvesting. Friday worker shares will also have the opportunity to work in our sprout room on occasion.
- We provide detailed training on farm tasks. We expect worker shares to take instruction well, follow through with both accuracy and speed, and (because it takes practice to learn) to improve over time.
- Work on the farm is physically demanding and can be exhausting and repetitive. We work in all kinds of weather so it can also be hot, cold, windy and wet. It can also be perfectly lovely from time to time!
- We value worker shares' opinions on what is included in weekly shares. When we have choices about what to harvest in a particular week, we will often ask for your input. We will also ask you to share your favorite recipes for the newsletter, if you are willing!
Photo by Patricia Espedal